Sunday, April 12, 2020

Teen and Temple


Welcome to my Blog!

You will be wondering what a confused topic “Teen and Temple”. I like to share a small incident that happened in my life when I just touched my teens. That’s the time you are so confused from child to teen.



Every summer vacation we used to travel to our native place. Those days my grandma’s house, which was a joint family of 11 people excluding us, means lots of fun and excitement. But as I was living in a nuclear family and adjustments from toilets, food from a totally different cuisine, sharing the sleeping space etc was all a problem for me. I guess those problems was not a problem before teen or now as adult J.

One such vacation, we all went to the biggest temple in the city. There temples has a different culture where all the sandals are left inside the premises, but the city I was living we used to leave our sandals in the counters. As my sandal was brand new, I started crying to my mom saying I won’t keep my sandals in an open place, where there are many chances of people stealing it.


My mom and aunts tried to convince me, but in vain. My cousins looked at me so weird. But I was so adamant, so finally they convinced me to keep my sandals below and all others left their sandals over mine and covered totally, so mine was not to be seen from outside. My mom was so ashamed in front of her family members. She warned me “this is a very powerful temple and very powerful goddess, all the devotees come here just for praying not for stealing”.

We finished our prayers and few rituals and went to the Anna-prasad area (it’s the food distribution by the temple for the devotees in most big temples in India). When I was standing in the queue, I noticed all type of people standing from rich to poor (I saw many homeless). The brainless part of me started fighting again with my mom saying I was not hungry, and I will wait outside the food hall.
Second time my mom felt so ashamed for the day. She knew the reason why I was doing so. She gave me a mom look. When we neared the food-hall door, they announced the food was over. Goodness, I thought, was that a punishment! Because my aunt said that has never happened before and we still had an hours’ time for the closing.

So, we all walked back with hunger to the sandals area. I was looking so eagerly from far, and I found all the sandals untouched and I felt so happy. Everyone took their sandals and I was waiting to take mine and alas, the bottom-most my new beautiful sandal was missing. I was shell shocked. I felt my cousins laughing behind my back. My mom told me “I told ya”.

Till now am not sure whether someone was watching us and took the sandals, or something special with the temple, as my mom said because same day two things uncommon happened. Was that a lesson for me “how to behave”. What do you all think? Please post your comments below.

Do you know my mom gave her sandals to me and she walked all the way to the shoe store in that hot summer afternoon for more than a km. I was so mean, or my mom was so sweet? I say all moms are sweet.

Before I say bye for today, I want to say you all, later in my life, I turned out to be nice woman without any attitude, and you will know that’s the reason I am not ashamed to share my teen atrocities.

Have a Great day!

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I believe in the idea of manifestation. Maybe because you were so focused on your sandals getting taken, you brought that energy into the world and therefore the thought became reality. Or maybe you knew in your gut that your sandals were going to be taken. Interesting story!

    Erika Marie | https://imerikamarie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. second one matches more :)
      check my new blogs coming soon and give your thoughts
      regards

      Delete

My Friends - Foreign Language class

Hello All, Welcome to my Blog! I would like to share few significant, memorable incidents that occurred in my foreign language ce...